How to Choose the Best Smart TV
The smart TV market has seen a sudden onslaught of new brands over the past few years. After Xiao entered the Indian TV market and produced a mark with affordable yet feature-laden smart TVs, various other brands jumped in, including Motorola, Nokia, One Plus, and Real me. Moreover, the Android TV so managed to get even more accessible for brands to create and launch intelligent TVs.
A few years back, it wasn’t easy to find features like 4K resolution, attractive design, HDR, and modern connectivity features in TVs priced below ₹50,000. However, now you can find multiple TVs with these features and some more. Hence, it has become quite an activity to find a perfect TV among dozens for sale in India. And that’s why we’re here to help you. We’ve researched a whole lot and picked some giant smart TVs for you.
We looked at the features list of all TVs and then decided to have Featured in a 4K HDR Smart TV. For starters, we looked at the most recent intelligent TVs from well-known brands, something that would ensure good after-sales service. We also selected TVs that include a 50-inch or larger screen size and 4K resolution. We also preferred TVs that have HDR10 content playback. We also checked the TV’s brightness.
Another thing we checked was the TV’s os and its ports. We preferred TVs with Android TV because most consumers in India own Android smartphone, and managing an Android TV using an Android smartphone is more cohesive. Plus, casting content via Google Cast (Chrome cast) is more accessible. Android TV also offers plenty of media streaming apps and easier file management. However, Wizen and webs are good alternatives, too. It is advised to have at the very least three HDMI 1.2 or HDMI 2.0 ports, an Ethernet port, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity when it comes to sports.
We looked for other features: the ability to natively play 4K videos, support for multi-channel audio, one or more AI-powered digital voice assistant, and all popular video streaming apps such as Disney+ Hot star, Netflix, Prime Video, and YouTube. Now, let us consider the TVs that we think are the very best options in India under ₹50,000.
- Screen Size, Resolution: 50 Inches Or More, 4K Resolution, HDR10, Local Dimming Preferred
- Brightness: 300 Nits Or Higher Brightness
- Connectivity ports: 3 HDMI 1.2/2.0 Ports Or More, 2 USB Ports Or More, Ethernet Port, Digital Audio Out
- Wireless Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n Or Better, Bluetooth 4.2 Or Better
- Smart Operating System: Android TV, Wizen, or Webs
- Screen Casting: Airplay, Google Cast, Mira cast
- Apps: Disney+ Hot star, Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Spottily
- Digital Voice Assistants: Alexi, Bixby, or Google Assistant
For all the TVs listed below, you should buy Extended Warranty plans from our website. You should purchase Extended Warranty plans for four years on the surface of the one-year manufacturer warranty period.
Best Smart TVs Under ₹50,000
- Here’s the listing of the best 4K intelligent TVs in India under ₹50,000
- LG 55UM7290PTD 55-inch Smart TV – ₹52,999 (can be had for less than ₹50,000 with coupons)
- One Plus 55U1 55-inch Android Smart TV – ₹49,999
- Samsung UA50TUE60AKXXL 50-inch Smart QLED TV – ₹44,999
- Xiao Mi TV 4X 55-inch Android Smart TV – ₹34,999
- TCL 55P715 55-inch Android Smart TV – ₹41,499
LG makes some of the most excellent IPS LCD panels in the market. No wonder it’s the second-biggest TV maker in the world. The LG 55UM7290PTD is just a 55-inch IPS LCD with 4K resolution and HDR compatibility. This TV features not only HDR10 but in addition HLG, something that could become the de-facto HDR format for TV broadcast. The TV’s quad-core processor can not only play high-quality 4K videos at up to 60fps but, in addition, exclusive non-4K content to 4K resolution. Powered by webOS, it has apps for Disney+ Hotstar, Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, ZEE5, and more.